Ricky Kinrade - Bass Guitar Lessons with a Professional, Touring Musician
Learn in a relaxed encouraging environment
- Guide Price£40 per hour - £35 per 45 minutes
My name is Ricky and I'm offering Bass Guitar tuition both online (zoom) and face to face (Bristol area) for all those wanting to learn and improve their bass playing.
I've been working as a professional bass player since 2010 and have been fortunate enough to tour Europe and play with some of the UK's most exceptional musicians. I use this experience in my lessons to not only teach you the technique and theory required to become a great bass player, but also essential skills that will help you in live situations.
My approach to teaching is to create a relaxed and encouraging environment with you or your child at the centre. We'll focus on the music and styles that you're naturally drawn to and build your skills and confidence to achieve your personal goals.
- Structured lesson plans tailored to your individual needs
- Improve rhythm & technique through learning popular songs
- PDF transcriptions and practices of the songs and exercices we cover
- I'll teach you to read and understand charts
- Learn how to create your own bass lines
- Gain the skills and confidence to play with other musicians
- We'll cover multiple genres and styles
- One to one lessons available worldwide
- Trinity R&P and Rockschool Grades available
- All ages welcome
Lesson Prices - Online:
45 minutes - £30
1 hour - £35
45 minutes - £35
1 hour - £40
Luckily we found Ricky through a friend and our 14 year old son Fabien has been having weekly bass lessons since November 2020 which he thoroughly enjoys!
Ricky has a natural talent for engaging teenagers and understanding which songs will appeal and support learning goals, so Fabien has regularly been keen to tell us about the latest pieces he's working on and with a bit of encouragement, will play for us too. In recent months they've also been working on building stamina and music theory and Fabien is extremely happy with the progress he's making.
It's been a pleasure to see our son enjoy playing the bass so much and we really couldn't recommend Ricky more.
Vicky & Andrew